Saturday, January 05, 2013

Jakarta Fashion Week 2013 - Day 6: APPMI Moslem Designers

WOOHOO the very first post in 2013! This is my first show of the APPMI (Asosiasi Perancang Pengusaha Mode Indonesia / Indonesian Fashion Designers Association). To make it short, it is where Indonesian designers from all ages united to show what Indonesian fashion got and they also support Indonesian designers to core. They are HUGE, so HUGE that you will see many of their shows on my blog later on from different designers! So enjoy this one first of all! ;)
 
Puzzle Lour (Puzzle in Colour) by Jenny Tjanyawati
DSC_1668 DSC_1658 DSC_1665 DSC_1666
A very fun collection to watch and snap; because of the twist of psychedelic colors on the clothes, statement and huge necklaces, and layers of clashing pattern! A joyful song comes along as the models started hitting the runway :-)
 
Paint It Black by Ida Royani
DSC_1680 DSC_1687 DSC_1676 DSC_1684
This is when hijab goes modern! I truly love the collection, when I heard what the song was, I felt like started to dance around (but considering that the press place was fully packed, I did not even think to move a step because then the people behind me would shout at me rofl). Anyways, I truly love that she combines the asymmetrical top with maxi skirt, the touch of gold accessories and embellishment really make the collection look luxurious and expensive. Good job!
 
Lipa' Sa'Be To Mandar by Adhie & Alie
DSC_1692 DSC_1694 DSC_1698 DSC_1702
While I was capturing the show, I thought of some Egyptian dancers dancing towards a King (does that even exist?), well yea I truly love this feminine collection by these two amazing guys. I mean those dresses may look simple at a glance but please look closer and see those beautiful details (OMG they are so nice I can cry!). I can see pearls, diamonds, silvers, beads, Art Nouveau folds, etc - very explicit details!
 
Woman In Black by Merry Pramono
DSC_1716 DSC_1710 DSC_1727 DSC_1708
Who says that women who dressed in black are naughty? ;) Look at these beautifully made gowns, you are surely ready to attract attentions with them! And when you're in doubt, add gold to black :-)
 
Beauty Secret by Tuty Adib
DSC_1737 DSC_1736 DSC_1742 DSC_1733
I love how loud the collection can scream, those outerwears are a perfect statement piece to be worn, day or night ;) The prints are amazing as well, very Indonesian and it shows how reach out culture is!
 
Puan (Tribal Couture) by Defrico Audy
DSC_1748 DSC_1754 DSC_1749 DSC_1752
I love it when neutral meets neon, as shown in this collection! Pretty asymmetric-pattern on the dresses with tribal outerwears to complete the whole look, unexpected harmony which turns out gorgeous and still feminine!
 
Nuniek Mawardi
DSC_1760 DSC_1764 DSC_1762 DSC_1770
I think those dresses and shawls are very light and comfortable to be worn with chiffon kind of fabrics, the bag and straw hat completed the go-to-beach look! With the chosen fabric, I don't think you need to be worried of the hot weather in the beach, even with layering those lovely and pastel-colored apparels!