Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jakarta Fashion Week 2013: Day 9 - APPMI 3

THE CARTOWIRU by Iva Lativa
The outer part of the collection kinda reminds me of how Japanese uses Kimono. And I love the touch of colorful belts and bandanas that remind me of Tibet. Overall I found the collection really chic, I don't know what kind of fabrics she used but it does look comfortable!
DSC_2879 DSC_2905 DSC_2901 DSC_2884 DSC_2910
 
 
PRINCESS OF PARAHYANGAN by Herman Nuary
I think the collection is really bold and eccentric, as we can see by the brave choice of colors like Red and Orange! I really love the overlapping and symmetric pattern on the dresses. I think the collection really represents how Indonesian women love to wear and mix-and-match clothes!
DSC_2917 DSC_2940 DSC_2936 DSC_2928 DSC_2923
 
 
CHARTREUSE AMBIENCE by Lia Afif
If you pay attention, she mixed the trio of bold, soft, and dull colors and they all work perfectly! I really love the creativity of mixing colors together. And the bejeweled embellishment on the center of the dresses are really eye-catchy and you know, it gives a perfect final touch to the simple-cutting dresses!
DSC_2969 DSC_2975 DSC_2954 DSC_2960 DSC_2950
 
 
ULOS IN LOVE by Nieta Hidayani
With the use of secondary colors on the collection, I think it makes it less mature yet not so juvenile as well. I think the key point on the collection is on the bottom part of the dresses because each cutting was different, I can see mullet, drapes, asymmetrical, and straight cutting. And the head covers are also in different styles, I don't know what are they called as but they are really attractive!
DSC_2995 DSC_3005 DSC_2991 DSC_2982 DSC_2987
 
 
Najua Yanti
On the first sequence of the collection, I think the apparels are meant for teenagers because of the vibrant colors and how she mixed it with nerdy glasses and casual chic bags. As for the second one, I think it is meant for the elders, due to the softer colors and the mature embellishments. And from the choice of song, I think the collection is meant to be worn while you are dating ;)
DSC_3010 DSC_3013 DSC_3016 DSC_3022 DSC_3030

 
 
Hannie Hananto
Omg this one is one of my favorites! I really love the patriotic and army-ish concept! I am a fan of navy blue and the collection was in that color and I fall in love more... I really want those jackets, the sewed stamps were so cooooool. It is really an unexpected idea because I never thought that Hijab apparels can be brought to a whole new fun and edgy concept. Thumbs up!
DSC_3033 DSC_3037 DSC_3039 DSC_3043 DSC_3045 DSC_3050 DSC_3053

No comments: