Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jakarta Fashion Week 2013 - Day 9: APPMI 4

THE DRESS I LIVE IN by Hartono Gan
DSC_3067 DSC_3069 DSC_3081 DSC_3071
 
My disability is to resist beautiful flowy dresses that make swirl when you walk. And this guy really makes me fall in love with his collection. I think the cutting is simple but well, simplicity is the ultimate key right. I love how he plays with sequins so the pretty dresses won't look boring.
 
METAMORPHOSA by Agnes Budhisurya
DSC_3086 DSC_3087 DSC_3109 DSC_3088 DSC_3111 DSC_3097
 
Elegance is the best possible word to represent the collection. She played with two fabrics in the collection, one is more stiff and one is soft - I love both! And I never knew that combining soft fabrics into both dresses and accessories can look that flawless. And I need those shawls in my life, super gorgeous when the models moved it!
 
BUTTERFLY EFFECT by MISAN
DSC_3135 DSC_3139 DSC_3150 DSC_3161 DSC_3165 DSC_3143
 
When I read the title of this sequence, I know the collection will consist something exciting, nature-ish, and alive and I was right. Gasp gasp... I can't stop awing in my head when I capture these super beautiful dresses. I love the concept, the color, the fabrics, and everything that is there! I think the designer is one genius dresses-maker that we need to keep a big eye on.
 
LAY'CIOUS by Grace Fenny
DSC_3186 DSC_3177 DSC_3180 DSC_3195 DSC_3199 DSC_3202
How much I love this flower-ish dresses, the last dress in the sequence was just gorgeous, I imagined it in white and it was just perfect for a wedding dress. I am super proud of Indonesian designers nowadays because of their creativity and out-of-the-box ideas! Statement dresses are indeed the best.